Junior Quantity Surveyor | Shropshire | £30-£40,000
Jonothan Bosworth are working with an exclusive client who are going through a growth phase and plan to double in size over the next 3 years. So for the right person career progression is certainly available, this organisation prides themselves on developing employees.
- As Junior Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the Contracts team to ensure optimum delivery of the project, to quality, on time and within budget
- You will maintain and add to the approved supply chain, whilst delivering high standards of workmanship
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will review tender and enquiry information and screening and flag up any contractual or commercial benefits or hazards within the documentation provided
- Provide clear and realistic solutions to the Division how any hazards could be avoided, or how any benefits could be capitalized upon
- Leading and controlling the estimating process for pricing up of tenders or enquiries
- Contributing toward the tender / enquiry strategy meeting in terms of compliance marked up price
- Reviewing Contracts issued and tender documentation
- Accurately monitoring and reporting on project cost activity
- Ensuring that the project target margin and cash flow is maintained and bettered
- Populating and agreeing with the Division project cost plan and target margins from the outset
- Controlling the population and maintenance of the project
- Populating and ensuring adherence to the project procurement schedule to ensure that dates are adhered to
- Preparing Sub Contract works packages, reviewing Sub Contract works quotations for compliance, quality and best value
- Raising Sub Contract works orders / contracts
- Relevant Commercial Qualification i.e. BSC Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying or equivalent : working knowledge of the construction industry an advantage
- Proficient I.T. user to include MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in JCT Contracts
- Excellent communicator across all media and at all levels
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively and monitor progress of subordinates
- Excellent time management skills ensuring all deadlines are met
- You will have the ability to drive through and adapt to change
- Ability to get the job done and work with others : attention to detail, decisive, organised, influencing skills and customer focused.
- Inspires confidence that things are under control.
Please note that you will have extensive training so that you are fully competent in this role.
Personality is imperative, our client is looking for a people person. So if you have the skill set and your communication skills are excellent then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV Jonothan Bosworth for more information.