Oracle DBA | Bridgend | Up to £70,000
As Senior Oracle DBA you will join a Global company and join a busy team working on a flagship secure UK Government programme.
Ideally, you will hold UK Security Clearance | SC Clearance, but if you are eligible, please apply.
Your role will be to support the tech refresh of the Oracle stack. You'll be integral to this through supporting the project delivery teams, as well as managing development and test Oracle database instances. You'll be helping to support and lead the upgrade paths towards Oracle 21c. You will also have an opportunity to develop your skills to include both Elastic and Neo technologies.
You will need to demonstrate extensive relevant experience working as an Oracle Database Administrator or Database Developer with experience of moving from Oracle 10g to Oracle 21c.
You should have experience of developing high-performance and high-availability Oracle database applications, being able to translate requirements documented by Business Analysts and Project Architects into database applications, transformations, and queries.
You will also need experience in;
• Oracle database development including SQL optimisation, complex queries, stored procedures and data analysis
• Database and SQL Performance Tuning
• Oracle Golden Gate
• Development experience in Oracle SQL and PLSQL
• Export/Imports/Flashback Database/Backups/Recovery/Patching
• Clusterware/database service based connection models
• Data migration and/ or test data creation and management
Key technologies you will need experience of include;
• Oracle 11gR2 RAC and single instance database
• Oracle 12C RAC and single instance database
• Oracle SQL and PLSQL
• Oracle Support Service Request handling
• Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Database Resource Manager
Please get in touch with the team at Jonothan Bosworth today.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We are active anti-slavery advocates and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.