Quantity Surveyor | Shropshire | Up to £40,000
Jonothan Bosworth are working with an exclusive client. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
Our client is going through a significant growth phase and is planning on doubling in size over the next 3 years. So the opportunity for progression is fantastic for the right candidate.
- As Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the Contracts team to ensure optimum delivery of the project, to quality, on time and within budget
- You will manage and mentor Assistant QS and Senior Commercial Administrators
- You will maintain and add to the approved supply chain, whilst delivering high standards of workmanship
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will review tender and enquiry information and screening and flag up any contractual or commercial benefits or hazards within the documentation provided
- Provide clear and realistic solutions to the Division how any hazards could be avoided, or how any benefits could be capitalized upon
- Leading and controlling the estimating process for pricing up of tenders or enquiries
- Contributing toward the tender / enquiry strategy meeting in terms of compliance marked up price
- Reviewing Contracts issued and tender documentation
- Accurately monitoring and reporting on project cost activity
- Ensuring that the project target margin and cash flow is maintained and bettered
- Populating and agreeing with the Division project cost plan and target margins from the outset
- Controlling the population and maintenance of the project
- Populating and ensuring adherence to the project procurement schedule to ensure that dates are adhered to
- Preparing Sub Contract works packages, reviewing Sub Contract works quotations for compliance, quality and best value
- Raising Sub Contract works orders / contracts
· Relevant Commercial Qualification i.e. BSC Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying or equivalent : working knowledge of the construction industry and advantage
· Proficient I.T. user to include MS Excel, Word and Outlook
· Excellent communicator across all media and at all levels
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively and monitor progress of subordinates
- Excellent time management skills ensuring all deadlines are met
- You will have the ability to drive through and adapt to change
- Ability to get the job done and work with others – attention to detail, decisive, organised, influencing skills and customer focused.
- Inspires confidence that things are under control.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to Claire at Jonothan Bosworth for more information.