Senior Oracle DBA | Bridgend | Up to £50,000
Jonothan Bosworth Recruitment Specialists are currently looking for an Senior Oracle Database Administrator. This is a great job opportunity to work for a leading Global IT Consultancy.
Oracle DBA Job Role:
Database administration and creation.
• You will provide ongoing Database Administration service as defined in customer contracts. This typically comprises:
o DBMS Support including Schema Management , Storage Management
o Performance Monitoring and Tuning
o Formulating and operating backup/recovery & DR strategies
o Technical advice and guidance
• You will prepare weekly and monthly reports on progress for the Database Administration Team Leads
• Reacting to and resolving incidents via a Remedy (ITSM) call management system within strict SLA deadlines.
• Performing planned database changes both in and out of core business hours within SLA deadlines.
• Performing new contract adoption / transition activities.
• Providing advice and guidance on contract bids.
• Installation, upgrade and patching of Oracle environments, including clustered environments
• Migrations from earlier versions of Oracle
• Establishing and enforcing DBA team standards, including security strategies
• Consulting with others in IT about implementation and release of database changes
• On-going development and tuning of Oracle database systems
Oracle 10g/11g Certification
Database Performance tuning
High availability DR techniques such
• Oracle Real Application Clusters
• Oracle Clusterware
• Data Guard
• Active Data Guard
• Oracle Streams
• Flashback Technologies
Moderate Windows scripting skills : including PowerShell
***This role has SC clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the UK’s vetting process. Non-UK nationals applying for vacancies where a security clearance is a mandatory requirement, must meet the UK’s 5 year residency criteria in order for their application to be considered. Any person unable to meet these requirements should not apply***